Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Initial Setup Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bluspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Totally new to using security cameras. With great difficulty (see below) I was able to sync all 3 cameras with base. Problem is cameras go offline, if I move them more than 2 ft away from the base. Tried every thing nothing works. Looks like I am not the only one here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Opened a ticket with Arlo support around 9 pm eastern yesterday. No response so far. Tkt #29337300

Additonal Details:

Just tested internet speed - Upload speed is 35 MBPS and download is at 120 MBPS. Both modem and wireless router are by Netgear. Have 2 wifi networks running at 2.4GHz and 5 GHz.  Tried changing channels for both networks, nothing worked. 

Device Details: 

Base: 

HW Version VMB4000r3
Firmware 1.9.4.0_1554

Camera 

HW Version H8

Firware 1.092.0.5_13833

Earlier Problems: 

1. Base wont connect to internet - Solved by resetting base twice, restarting router and even cable modem. Finally it connected by itself after I left it on overnight. 
  2. Cameras wont sync - Solved by resetting and resyncing cameras several times. Had to remove battery and put back.  
  3. Motion detection wont work - Again I had to reset cameras and resync several times.   
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

How far away from your wifi router is the base??

Can you move it away farther ? Try to get it at least the max cable lenght away if not more ( can be up to 300ft on ethernet tho moved than 10ft is usu enough )

Sounds like interference knocking off the cams.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bluspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Initially it was very close to the router. Now I moved it about 5 ft away. Still same.
Just reset the base and reconfigured with just 1 camera. same problem continues, camera goes off-line if it placed more than 3 ft away from base.

I am not sure but Interference could not be a problem since I live in a single family home. Neighbours houses are at least about 40 ft from me.

bluspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

bluspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just heard from support after more than 36 hours since I opened the ticket, asking me to try everything I tried before. Not a good experience. 

Drawing1.png

bluspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologize for inaccurate picture. Here is the correct scenario. 

Drawing1.png

bluspider
Aspirant
Aspirant

Quick update. Cams prompted availability of firmware update this evening. They are working fine since this firmware update. Motion detection still seems to be a problem. Sometimes recording wont start when some thing's moving around. Also batteries seems to be draining quick now.