Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shammy
Star
Star

Why does my camera night infrared come on when I have the camera set to off?

1,152 REPLIES 1,152
BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
I had stopped rebooting my base station after the latest firmware update and am impressed that Arlo battery drain had halted. Now 3rd day after update and battery had not drop at all steady at 97%. So if you still unable to see improvements, please do factory reset to your system.
Jean53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been 4 months since the post about letting us know what the fix is.  Did I overlook the fix?  My bats were charged and camera completely off and still lost 8 percent a day.  Prior I had 3 months of use.  This is first charge I have done since factory charge.  At this rate I will have to charge every 10 days and new use the cameras or use the cameras and charge more often (will leave one on to see what the on drain is).  Could the camera schedule be overriding the batteries?  I ordered cables for the cameras and may have to leave them plugged into power permanently.

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jean53, the new firmware to correct the battery life issue was released 09/26/2018.  I suggest updating the firmware on your cameras and see if the problem is resolved.  That is what I am currently doing.

Arlo Pro - 1.092.0.17_25364 - 26th September 2018