Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Infrared Lights on Arlo Pros all come on at the same time

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MikalB
Guide
Guide

Does anyone know why the infrared lights on all four of my Arlo Pros periodically come on at the same time.  They will all turn on simultaneously and remain on for 2-3 seconds then they will all go off at the same time.  This haapens numerous times throughout the night and there is nothing in front of any of the cameras to trigger them.  The cameras are all located in different places and are about 60-80 feet away from each other.  There are no rules set up to cause other cameras to turn on when one is triggered.

It only appears to be happening with the Arlo Pros, not the Arlos.  I have not had time to monitor the Arlo Go yet

I have thought it through and can't come up with an answer.  It simply happens on its own.  I would think with this happening numerous times thougout the evening, day after day, is probably shortening my battery life.

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Noticed that too, randomly yes but every time app is started as well. No idea why that is, looks as if base station checks with camera status periodically........like a wake up call? It most definitely comes from base station and not from motion sensed. Not really sure how much of an effect that may have on battery life.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Strange... I would put in a trouble report with Netgear... they can't fix it is it is unknown

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------