Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Constant Triggering From Non-Heat based movement.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Prkman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've set up my 2 Arlo Pros to cover my front door. Problem is that I have some shade sails that move in the breeze and trigger the sensor. I've adjusted the angles so the sails are just barely in frame and also turned down the sensitivity to 50. Helps a tiny bit, but still too frequent when the wind blows. I thought these were Infra-Red motion sensors, not just any motion. I thought of maybe buying a third camera for a different location and using it for just triggering the other two cameras, but cmon, that's a weak solution.

Am I missing something or does anybody have suggestions.

Thanks!

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras detect IR and the reflection of IR ( not really heat) ...

so it will detect reflection off of cars , leaves, and shades as you found out. ( esp if close )

The real answer is to avoid the shades in the view as you already lowered the sense level.

Or maybe change location, angle down a bit more...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Prkman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom, always thought IR was heat but after your reply I looked it up on Wikipedia, and darned if you aren't right. Avoiding the sails completely means lowering the cameras to a height easy to rip them off. I'll just deactivate on windy days I guess.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What also may work for you instead of turning off.....

Make another custom Mode ( like the one your using ) with a lower sense rate AND the alerts off.... that way, you haven't disabled the system completely

and don't get bothered by windy triggers.

Morse is faster than texting!