Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Individual camera siren on new app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hokie522
Follower
Follower
So with new app update oct-2018 I’m having trouble with the siren, I see the pull bar on the top but what siren does that set off? Just the base station? Or everything? Previously when watching an individual camera live there was a button for Alarm on just that camera. I’d like to know how to set off the siren/alarm for individual cameras on demand.... for the example of necessity a bear bothering my rabbits the siren has scared it off but now I’m unable to figure out how to trigger it on one camera on the app for IOS
2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I thought the siren was on the Pro base station.  I don’t believe any cameras have individual sirens, do they?  Certainly not the wire free cameras.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Corrrect. The cameras do not have a siren in them. The siren is in the base (which is useless if the base is inside and the camera is outside for trying to scare off animals or criminals). You can however use the push to talk feature and yell into it and that sound will come out of the camera speaker. Maybe that will scare off animals if needed.