Inconsistent recording and power fluctuations

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Whitford
Follower
Follower
I've had 3 cameras for a number of months and have found that consistency in recording of movement fluctuates wildly. For instance, I have had no nighttime recordings for over a week even though I have people coming to the house the same time every night. I also find that during the day variance in the sun brightness will set the recording off even though there is no movement. Can this be resolved?
The cameras have also stopped telling me when they're low in battery and they just go offline with no warning. Within 5 days the battery power on one camera has reduced by over 25% which is really frustrating and expensive. Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Whitford wrote:
Within 5 days the battery power on one camera has reduced by over 25% which is really frustrating and expensive. Any suggestions?

This would be the original Arlo cameras?  If so, you can get rechargable batteries which would reduce the cost.  Tenergy makes some that are Arlo certified.  @TomMac might have some other suggestions.

@Whitford wrote:
I've had 3 cameras for a number of months and have found that consistency in recording of movement fluctuates wildly. For instance, I have had no nighttime recordings for over a week even though I have people coming to the house the same time every night. I also find that during the day variance in the sun brightness will set the recording off even though there is no movement. Can this be resolved?
The cameras have also stopped telling me when they're low in battery and they just go offline with no warning. Within 5 days the battery power on one camera has reduced by over 25% which is really frustrating and expensive. 

You might want to contact Arlo support, as some of this shouldn't be happening.

Shadows/wind/changes in sunshine can cause a flood of recording.  You can try adjusting the field of view (or moving the camera) to reduce that, or adjust the motion sensitivity.  More expensive models (pro-2 and above) let you set up an "activity zone" - that can also help reduce the false alarm rate.  But that's not in the original Arlo.

On the missed night recordings - how far away is that camera from the people you are trying to capture?  

There are some tips here: https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera