Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Incompatible Charger Error

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Matt1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

This past weekend I went to charge my Arlo Pro which I bought in June this year. Was very pleased with the product until now. When charging I am met with the message ‘incompatible charger detected’ even though I am using the usb lead supplied in the box. I can see this is a well reported issue and I’ve trued rebooting the base unit and my router, swapped the batteries round with my other two cameras and also tried different usb chargers but still get the same message. I suspect it’s a faulty lead, does anyone else have the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Frankj57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two ARLO go cameras that I have outside on light poles. I plugged them in to an AC outlet using the ARLO supplied cords. Both worked for a while then stopped and I got the same or similar error message as you did. In both cases the camera stopped working until I removed the charging cords. I have no solutions for you though.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Are you using the charger that was supplied in the box?

Charger needs to be QC compatible with dual voltage output.

Matt1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I’m using the charger supplied by Arlo.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Matt1975,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this? I have attached the link here for you

Arlo Tech Support

Matt1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but the fault rectified itself after 4 days of showing the error message. I tried taking the battery out a few times and reinserting it which seemed to do the trick. Pretty frustrating though and from reading what others say it seems Arlo has an issue with charging. I’ll keep an eye on it but seems ok now.
Matt