Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Impossible to change name of Arlo Pro and it appears as inactive whenever I resync it to my station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lamby710
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

When I try to change the name of one of my camera (always the same one), it doesn't edit and an error message pop at the top of the screen saying that a problem happenned. I tried everything, remove the camera and reconnect it many times, reset my Arlo base station couple times also, but whatever I do, it still have the same 2 problems : First can't edit the camera's name, and secondly, when I reconnect my Arlo pro, even after having reset my Arlo base station, the software ask me to choose a name for the camera, I can choose it, but when I do ok it's going back to the old one that the camera is bugged with. That same camera have another problem : when I reconnect it after have suppressed it os my Arlo base station or even after having reset my base station, it goes automatically in the inactive section, and with the same old name that I can't change. It is kind of weird because my other camera doesn't have any problem at all...

I would appreciate it a LOT if someone could please help me.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pull battery to reset camera...

then I would use REMOVE DEVICE on that camera and then bring it back as new ( to rebuild the settings/modes )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lamby710
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already tried more than 1 time and it change nothing I can't reset it

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Lamby710,

If you're having problems after removing the device, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.