Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
VJD7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have 5 Arlo pro cameras with a base, already set up and working fine. If I buy another set of 5 Arlo Pro cameras and another base, can this be set up separately in the same house and use it on another App..? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Set it up in the same house but on a different account (different email address). Set up all the custom modes etc that you want. Then in the secondary login, go to the Grant Access setting and grant access to the first account. Also check the box that says "Allow Access Rights". Then you can go into the first account and see all 10 cameras and mostly control them all. You only need to log into the second account if you want to edit modes etc

VJD7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer.  Sorry, I’m not very technical. I may ask some silly questions :).

So, can I do all of this without having to pay the annual charge for up to 10 cameras?

Do I still need to use the second base, under a different account? 

Where is the secondary login?

thank you

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. You will be able to use all 10 cameras and not pay for a subscription. It's basically 2 separate systems of 5 cameras but in the same house instead of different locations.

Yes, you'll need the second base with a different account

I'm not sure what you mean by Where is the secondary login.

If you can imagine it as you having an Arlo system of 5 cameras and then somebody else (could be anywhere in the world) has an Arlo system of 5 cameras. All that's happening is the someone else is allowing you to see and control their cameras/system.

So I guess to get you going, you need to go into the app and create another account. Use a different email address. Log in. Discover the base station. Sync the cameras. Set up any custom modes you want to use. Grant access to your first email address.
Then you'll only log into your first email address most of the time and you'll see and control all 10 cameras 

VJD7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks steve_t. Have you set your cameras up as per your suggestions?  Does it work fine?

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Just make sure you have a good upload speed when both simultaneously working coz' lag would be an issue and will deteriorate the video .. Am assuming you're setting this up with one Account ISP provider..

VJD7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, will do.  Have you set your cameras up as per your suggestion or do you know someone that has?  Just wat to make sure this works fine, before I invest in another set up cameras and base.  Thanks for your help. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @VJD7,

I currently have this set up where I have my own personal account that has 4 cameras and the second account (which is a shared account with me and someone else) is given grant access so I can see and control the camera. 

You can read more about grant access here: How can multiple people access the same Arlo account?

VJD7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP

Ok great. So if I have 5 cameras on one base and set up another account with say 4 cameras, I can then view those 4 cameras on my first account....by sharing the first second account to the the original first account?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Yup, you can do that.

VJD7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great. So, can do this without any monthly subscription cost?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As before, yup.