Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ISO Pro style 1/4-20 tightening nuts for use with standard Arlo mounts

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

Guys and Gals,

The outdoor mount I received  with my Arlo Pro has a different tightening nut that the Netgear Arlo mounts I also bought.

Thenewer nut is narrower and I can see they did this to allow access to changing port about dismounting the camera over and over.

Has anyone seen anything like the newer tightening nut? I have looked at several small parts suppliers and can't find anything.  This white plastic nut is close to 1" diameter on the accessory mount one buys individually, but is more like 1/2 in diameter when supplied with the four camera set I purchased.

Or any Netgear peeps around that can arrange to have them sent? I spent over $700 on the set and extra mounts.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This is prob a new change for the Pro and trouble fitting the usb charger while on mount.. a standard 1/4-20 nut would do the same to lock the mount in place

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I agree with Tom.

I ended up using a 1/2" diameter rubber washer, 1/2" plastic washer and 1/4"-20 nut.

The plastic washer between the 2 makes it easier to tighten so that the rubber washer doesn't deform.

One of the biggest oversights in the design of the camera was the USB connector.

It should have had a separate door that closed for weatherproofing so that only the cord stuck out and not the plug which gets in the way of the mount.