Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Therealamir
Follower
Follower

I'm visiting the US from the UK. I just bought a 4 pack of Arlo Pro. However, I got back to my hotel room and noticed that Arlo Pro 2 has just been released! I can still return my Arlo Pro kit as I'm here for another two days. Should I? I hate buying 'old technology'. Keen to hear opinions.

FYI the use case is to secure my home with 3 cameras outside and 1 inside (for now - will grow in future).

2 REPLIES 2
djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had experience with both Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 and I have to say the difference really isn't all that to get hyped up over. Unless you need the enhanced feaures when being plugged into AC power, I wouldn't sweat over it. There is some improvement with picture quality, but I feel like the Arlo Pro had a slightly better nightvision picture. You'll be happy with the Arlo Pro.

wilmington
Aspirant
Aspirant

All the reviews I read had many more complaints about the "new" Pro 2 versus the original Pro.   I went with the original Pro since it seems more mature and stable.   The Pro 2 improvements are very slight and some features (night vision) are actually worse on the new cameras.   New isn't always better....do your research.