Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I need to move my Arlo System from one location to another.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nniemeyer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I sure hope someone can help me.  

I need to move my Arlo System from one location to another. Can someone help?  I disconeccted from the first location and have been trying to reconnect it at the new location but keep getting shut-down.  Please Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What do you mean by "keep getting shut-down"?

Have you unplugged it from a router in one location and plugged it into a router at another location?

What lights are showing on the base?

nniemeyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
It doesn't recognize my router and tells me I need to contact support.

Is there something I need to do when I disconnect from the first location and computer?
nniemeyer
Aspirant
Aspirant
All the lights come on. I am aut of town so I can't be sure about what lights come on.

Is am in the town where I first had Arlo hooked up so if there is something I need to do to disconnect it I will be able to do that.

I have also pushed the reset button but it doesn't reset the system.
nniemeyer
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

nniemeyer wrote:
It doesn't recognize my router and tells me I need to contact support.

Is there something I need to do when I disconnect from the first location and computer?

No, you should be able to unplug the base unit from you old router, move it to the new location and plug in... then sign in using the old name/password as before ( adding cameras or resync the cameras as needed )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you actually held the reset button until the LEDs flash amber, you'll have to start fresh by deleting everything from Settings, My Devices then using the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. If you didn't hold it long enough to get the LEDs flashing, then it should work as long as the router connection is good and the Internet LED is green.