Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have to re boot base station 3 times a day

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
PCarswell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model VMB4000 I have to re boot the base station 3 times a day. 1 week old. Internet works fine no problems there.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the symptoms? What do the base LEDs show when you need to reboot? Any error messages?  Do you get the same thing with both the app and a browser?

PCarswell
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Internet led turns solid amber and my phone says the camera is off line 

Cdubz72
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. Only had it for 5 days.
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Some users have reported that they have to reboot after loosing internet connectivity.

So I would start by plugging base directly into you modem if possible. Also check for any bad or loose cables. Could also be a bad port on your router/switch.
Could also be poor internet. Is it dsl/cable/fiber?
Start by eliminating all possible cause.s.

PCarswell
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is plugged in directly to the Brand new modem. Cox Cable was just out here ran all new cable from the source  to the house and new cable in the house so that is not the prblem, the TVs and computer all work great no prblems.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm guessing you're plugging into one of the router ports (even a modem/router will have these). If plugging directly into a standalone modem, you must power cycle the modem to allow the base to connect to it.

Regardless, if the Internet LED is amber, the connection to the router is good but the access to the Arlo servers is somehow blocked. Others have reported that contacting the ISP to change the router settings to allow ports 80, 123 and 443 to arlo.netgear.com is needed. This would be a good reaon to purchase your own mdoem and router (at least the router) so ISP settings don't get in the way. And you will avoid the monthly rental charges.

PCarswell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I do not rent my modem it is a brand new ARRIS model DG2460A. I would like to know how you just assume that I rent a router. I think you have no Idea what you are talking about but thanks anyway.

Cdubz72
Aspirant
Aspirant
I powered off my modem/router this morning and it worked great all day until around 6 then it's constantly offline. I own the modem, actually a brand new one. I get notifications of movement and can view the library but can't view live.
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
We are all just users here tryung to help each other out. Many of these folks know their stuff.

As I read your post, I made an assumption too that you may possibly rent/lease your modem. Most people, not all, don't usually buy their modem from the cable company. Either way, its not relevant to the the other information provided, which is all accurate.

Anyway, someone else may benefit from the comment. about lease/buy.