Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have to go into each mode and adjust the motion sensitivity for the trigger camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When I set new modes to have one camera trigger and record and then have other cameras record at the same time (3 differant modes) I have to go into each mode and adjust the motion sensitivity for that trigger camera in each mode, you would think that adjusting the motion sensitivity for the trigger camera once it would change it in all modes. Maybe something for the techs to look at.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In "nested rules" , I always found it better to set the sense levels all the same amount

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Nested rules? I have the trigger camera set the same in all modes but you would think if you set the sence level for that camera it would follow through to all the modes but it doesnt. You have to go through each mode and set the sence level the same for that camera.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A MODE is a set of RULES .... each mode can have different sense levels, etc...

Morse is faster than texting!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It would be a nice feature to be able to copy and paste rules between modes. But I understand why changing a camera's motion sensitivity in one mode shouldn't change the sensitivity of the same camera in another mode. It almost defeats the purpose of having modes.
Unfortunately, you'll have to go through the same rigmarole as me of setting up each individual rule for each individual mode. Once you've done it, and sorted out your correct sensitivities and changed them all, your system will just run great and give minimal false recordings while recording what you need to be recorded