Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro Base station Amber power light only.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DubaiGT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed that my base station was off as there were no lights on. I checked the plug connection and failed to power up the device. I tried to power it from various other sockets in my house but seems like the AC- DC adapter is faulty. 

I have another AC-DC adapter at home which I tried and was able to power the device up but the amber power LED does not go out and unable to get a wifi connection. I called the helpline and was given several instructions to follow which did not resolve the problem. I was told that I would receive an email from net gear with instructions on how to replace the faulty unit. I have to now send the unit via post from dubai to Netgear and they will post a new one only within the USA or Canada.

I live in Dubai and purchased the camera in Savannah GA whilst on business. It will now cost me over $200.00 in UPS/ FEDEX fees to post it both ways when it is cheaper for me to buy a new one from Amazon .

Does Netgear not have any warranty support in the United Arab Emirates? I am somewhat disappointed that I have to pay more money now for a product that only worked for 6 weeks and then failed. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The power LED is ONLY amber during rebooting.... You can try a RESET by holding in the reset button for about 10 secs till the leds all flash.

If this does nothing, then as you assumed it prob is a hardware issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DubaiGT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks TomMac, I did try this but didn't work.. I have purchased a new base station on amazon as it works out cheaper than international postage fees..😤
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This is one of the big issues with buying from overseas. Even if it's more expensive in your home country, I'd recommend buying from a local supplier because local support is really important. If they're not available in your country from a retailer/reseller, this is always going to be a risk for you