Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have an Arlo Pro "Geofencing needs an internet connection"

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
glmosdell
Follower
Follower

I have been using the Arlo Pro for about 9 months. All has been going well but in the last few weeks I keep getting the message "Geofencing needs an internet connection" The other problem I am having is that the geofencing does not automatically register if I am away or home. My motion cameras now always record when I get home as it doesn't detect home or away mode. I have to go into the App each time and manually switch to disarm and then back to geofencing. I have read that many other users are having the same problem but I cannot seem to find if any one has a solution. I am usig the App on an iPhone with IOS 11.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Has Arlo or Netgear offered anyone advice? From my experience, their customer service has been shocking and they never have any definite solution. Any help please??

1 REPLY 1
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
As far as I can tell, Arlo geofencing is broken for everyone. A solution is to install the apps Life 360 and IFTTT from the App Store. Together they can geofence arm and disarm Arlo reliably, until Netgear fixes their software.