Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have 4 Arlo Pro camera's one is always going off when nothing is there.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kathyc618
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo Pro camera's one is always going off when nothing is there. Sometimes every few minutes. I have checked for spider webs and the front is clean. It does seem to be when the sun is above it or shining on the lens.  I installed a solar panel so I could lower the sensitivty level. Right now it at 26, any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kathyc618 wrote:

It does seem to be when the sun is above it or shining on the lens.  

If you jury-rig a shade of some kind, does the problem disappear?

There are some third-party shades out there.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have any wasp nests near by, they use my camera as a way point, you never see them since they wiz past the lens.

Where are you adjusting sensitivity, the camera settings has a test utility but you need to adjust the value in the camera mode rules to make it stick.

If you’re getting any sun reflections, cloud moving past can trigger events, you could try activity zones to mask out areas of reflections.
Kathyc618
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestions. No there’s no wasps flying around in the camera lens. I did have a question on adjusting the sensitivity of the camera. I did use the test utility but how do I adjust the value in the camera mode to make it stick?

Dannybear
Master
Master
In the camera mode rules, each camera rule allows you to set the motion sensitivity value. Same for the audio trigger value.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them