Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can log on and view from my Android but from my laptop I can not

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can log on and view from my Android but from my laptop I can not.  this started about 2 weeks ago. I have in the past looked at my home in the US from Mexico and from Canada and now I can not use my computer only my Phone.  Now to make things more complicated I have a set of cameras on my parents house.  I can view those cameras from either my computer or my phone at anytime from any location in the world. The set of cameras at my parents home was set up by my brother.  I would like to fix the problem at my home.  I get the NO CONNECTION notice, but switch to the phone and no problem.  I have tried using CHROME AND FIREFOX.  Both browsers do not work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Slow speed was the problem. The home system needs faster speed than the older parents system. Found a router that had no others using it and BINGO.....

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
brh
Master
Master

@tedvanduin

Are you able to go to and see this page:

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

If so, do you have a firewall setting on your laptop that is blocking this connection?

Have you tried to login on another computer?

Brian

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I have not tried another computer.  Do not want to use another computer, I want to use this one.  This is the one that worked fine for over a month on my  home system and over a year with on my parents system. I did not change anything on my firewall so why would I would to change something I have not changed?  Very confused.

brh
Master
Master

@tedvanduin

Sometimes when someone is trying to help another person, he can not get a clear picture of what is going on, so he may ask what appears to be silly questions. This is so that the person trying to help can get a clearer understanding of what is going on and start the process of elimination.

What I know so far is that something has changed somewhere that is causing you not to be able to see your home Arlo system. You have tried to access the system both from Mexico and Canada on this laptop to no avail. I suppose that you have not been back home to see if you can connect there. You are able to see the system on your smartphone, so we know that the system is operational.

So, I will ask, at what point in the connection process are you getting the no connection message? Is it when you are in the process of logging into your Arlo Account?

Are you able to see the login page at the link I posted above?

When you connect using your smartphone, are you connected to the same wifi network as the laptop or are you using Cellular for the smartphone?

If you can see your parent's system we can assume that there is no problem with the internet connection. We can also assume you are using the same password as you are on the smartphone, so that is not a problem.

Everything leads me to believe that something has changed on your laptop, although at this point I don't know what. That is why I asked if you had tried to login using another computer.

Brian

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will try from another computer and see what happens.

Thank you.

FYI: Worked fine from 3 countries and various wifi routers.  Now, Nothing.  But nothing has disrupted the ability to log onto and monitor the cameras at my parents house and this is using the same computer with the same routers and the same wifi only 1 to 2 minutes before or after loggin onto my home account.   Very wierd and I see there are MANY MANY others that have been having the same problem. 

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also,  a few minutes ago I turned off my FIREWALL.  Did not help. Same results.  :CONNECTION FAILED   is all I get.

brh
Master
Master

@tedvanduin

Ok, where in the login process are you getting this message? 

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@tedvanduin

Just had a thought, Are you able to login but when the cameras go to update their status you get this message?

Brian

Rudi_63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.

No connection, not via WIFI (cellphone, IOS/ Tablet, Android/ laptop, Win10), not via wire on a Desktop.

All leds are green, cable is being tested on the laptop (with wifi off) and is working, but still there is the message "Your Arlo-device is offline". 

The basestation has workt fine until an one hour ago.

Was there an update or something?

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is after I log in and I go to DEVISE.  I have three cameras that appear on the screen.  I go to LIVE and tap the LIVE arrow.  I wait 10 seconds and I get the message.

I do the same thing via my phone and I can see what the Camera is seeing LIVE.

brh
Master
Master

@Rudi_63

For what it is worth, I just checked all my devices and Arlo is working ok on all of them. Firmware updates usually are sent from 3 am to 5 am. (I checked my windows 10 computer, iPhone and iPad and they are all working).

Brian

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that is when I get the message.  

I have recently tried TURNING OFF all the FIREWALLS and I have tried doing all from FIREFOX and CHROME.  Same results every time. 

Rudi_63
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also can see the camera's but can't go live view or modus

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to hear that it is not an ARLO thing,  god forbid it would be a ARLO thing.

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if ARLO has a customer service with a Human Being that is permitted to talk on the phone to their customers?  Do they have a PHONE # by any chance?

Rudi_63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gonna try tomorrow to reset basestation

brh
Master
Master

@tedvanduin

Here is their US phone number that I have used:

(408)-638-3750

But, I don't think it is an Arlo problem as you can view the cameras on your smartphone just fine. 

Somehow I think it is an internet speed problem but i am not tech savvy enough about the iinternet to help with that. It is possible that you cell phone provider has a lot of towers and therefore able to transmit the data faster than over their connections than the internet connections in other countries. One poster in Brazil was having a similar problem with internet speeds rendering his system virtually useless. Why it worked before, I don't know.

Brian

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good thought.  the router I am using at this time could be the problem.  time to do some experimenting. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

brh
Master
Master

@tedvanduin

One other thing, Arlo might need Flash to be activated in your browser. I think that is true, both on Google and Firefox. I know that is the case for viewing videos, but not sure if it is needed to view the live stream. Lately both browsers have turned Flash off as the default. Possibly the browsers had an update that turned it off. That is why I said to try it on another computer.

Brian

tedvanduin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Slow speed was the problem. The home system needs faster speed than the older parents system. Found a router that had no others using it and BINGO.....