Camera not detecting motion but LED flashes during motion detector test

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mmike8158
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the arlo pro 2 pack a couple months ago. One camera did not detect any motion at all. I took those back. I figured I would try the arlo pros again. This time, the camera does not detect motion unless you are 5 feet away waiving your arms. When I’m in motion detector mode the led flashes but in real time it is worthless to. Save your money. These security cameras don’t offer any security

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you even try to adjust the sense level of the cameras ??

The Pro cameras will detect people at 20ft +

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your not trying to detect thru glass

Morse is faster than texting!
mmike8158
Aspirant
Aspirant
mmike8158
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera is outside. I’m convinced arlo cameras are a rip off
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

100% where, in Settings, My Devices, your camera, Motion Detection Test or in your modes? It must be in the mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's an awful lot of us who would strongly disagree. The more you tell us, the more we can help. Full details, please.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Most likely you haven't configured the modes correctly. But it seems you've made up your mind before even getting started with any troubleshooting. If you do want to try to get the cameras working, post up some screenshots of your recording modes and rules within those modes as well as the motion sensitivity setting in the rule, but don't worry about the motion detector testing page