Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
americanmedic
Tutor
Tutor

What about the voice communication issue? I can bring up the mic function and speak once then it freezes or closes out the camera. It is very annoying as we would use the mic function all the time but there is a lag to connect then a lag to speak then a lag to hear anything then it freezes or crashes. This has been since the app change and everything used to function well until we were forced to change to this new app. Where do things stand with getting these issues resolved since it has been some time now without correction of these issues. I agree with previous posts that these issues need to be fixed before rolling out new cameras and fixtures. This is very frustrating that these issues don’t get fixed in a timely manner and these issues did not exist until the recent split from Netgear. Please reply and address the issues. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi americanmedic,

What phone device are you using for the new Arlo app? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

americanmedic
Tutor
Tutor
iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.2.3 and yes I have rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app several times. All without any changes in badge app notifications or the mic function working properly. Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you able to replicate this issue on the web client on your computer? And try to test if this happens on both WiFi and/or cellular data.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I also have a LONG lag time while trying to do this.  Plus I get logged out with a message on the web interface saying someone else has logged in.   Sure...  Why does it only happen when I log in and click the Mic button.   Otherwise it will stay logged in for what ever the max auto limit is.   

americanmedic
Tutor
Tutor
It happens on WiFi and cellular. I have 1gig internet and a powerful router that functions well with everything else in my house. I think this is an issue on your end.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If the issue is still occurring, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

americanmedic
Tutor
Tutor
Ok. When are they going to have the badge app icon fixed? Thanks
RickS2
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU! I bought the 4 camera Arlo 2 Pro. package from Best Buy and all of the cameras worked great except one. It would not sync with my iPhone microphone no matter what I tried. First I deleted the camera twice from the Arlo App and re-paired it. Then I took the battery out and back in and it still did not work. Read this link and deleted the Arlo App. then reinstalled it. Then powered my iPhone 7 plus down IOS13.2.3  and restarted. EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT NOW! Thanks again.