Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am sick and tired of 2-factor authentication!!! Arlo Pro Camera system

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rbrashear68
Guide
Guide

Being forced to use 2-factor authentication by equipment that I own....is ridiculous.  That shoudl be MY choice.....so bring back the ability to disable 2fa!  It has asked me 3 times for the code on the same browser throughout the day today.  And I had never closed my browser (Chrome).  This is stupid!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
If the “clear cookies on close all windows” option is set active in chrome’s “privacy and security/cookies and other site data” settings then the browser will not be recognised as a trusted device when it’s reopened again.

Good way to prove this is to open chrome browser and login, then logout and log back in again. It should open again without the 2fa request.
If you exit the browser and restart chrome again and login it will require a 2fa request.

You can also find that the site settings for arlo does also have an option to clear cookies on close of the arlo web page window.

Using incognito window will always require a 2fa request.
rbrashear68
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the response, but I do not have the settings set to clear cookies.  The browser at my office was open all day with the Arlo cloud site logged in.  If I didn't view it actively it would time out and auto-log me out.  I'd go to log back in and it would text me another 2FA code.  Did this to me 3 times.  I am the Network System Administrator for my company and I know all about cookie settings in browsers.  No other sites do this to me like Arlo's does.  My request is allow users to completely disable 2FA.  It should be the choice of the User that bought Arlo's products.  Not forced to always be on by Arlo/Netgear!  Thanks again though!

Dannybear
Master
Master
@JamesC, @ShayneS
Can you assist please.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rbrashear68,

The time out being described here is normal behavior. If the session is inactive for 30 minutes, it will automatically log out.

Is a VPN in use? If so, that may be the reason you're being asked to authenticate on each log-in.

JamesC

rbrashear68
Guide
Guide

No VPN and I understand the timeout.  That part is expected, but not 2FA 3 times when I never even closed my browser nor the Arlo Cloud site.  Why does it not allow you to disable 2FA anymore?  I'm not worried about someone logging into my account at all.  Now my bank is a different story since that could cause real issues.  Allow people to choose please....is all I am asking!  Thank you for your response.