Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Can't Add Pixel 2 XL Phones To Geofencing Devices (VMB4000r3 firmware 1.12.0.0_27099)

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ilApogeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I can't add my and my wife's Pixel 2 XL phones to our geofencing devices list. It doesn't show up. I have tried renaming the devices to have no special characters, for example "AllenPixel" without the quotation marks, and the issue persists.

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ilApogeo,

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using? Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again?

ilApogeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Thanks for replying! The mobile app version is 2.6.3_23000 and I have tried restarting the base station but still haven't had any luck!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2.6.4 is available. Update and try again.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I understand that we cannot delete unused enabled devices from the Geofencing settings (fingers still crossed this comes soon), but my issue is a bit different. Both my wife and I have Google Pixels (Android 9).

I set up both mine and my wife's phones to use our new Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I realized that my wifes device name was set to the default 'Pixel' so changed on her phone to 'mbm-pixel'. Now her phone will not show under my enabled devices list from my account (i'm primary) and her updated device name is not displaying in my enabled devices list. I was hoping at minimum that either her entry that says 'Pixel' would be renamed/updated to the 'mbm-pixel' or add a 3rd entry of 'mbm-pixel'. (Uploaded image for reference)

I've cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled/reinstalled app, I've removed my wife's account from granted access and added her back. Nothing has helped. Now her phone will not work with geofencing at all.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

...and yes, I tried renaming her phone's device name back to 'Pixel'. That didn't work either.

ilApogeo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, the app is updated to 2.6.4 but the issue persists.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ilApogeo

Do you have another device that you can test to see if it is available?

ilApogeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does have our two older phones and a tablet visible, just not our new phones.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ilApogeo

Are these devices running Android 9?

ilApogeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only the two new devices are. The visible ones are all running Android 7 or 8