Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Husband passed. No access to reset system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kat1027
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not even sure which cameras i have. Have four used outdoors around the barn. Hubby set then up. He has passed. Account was his I had access. I dont have access to his email or password info. I have a net gear box and 4 cameras. Any way to get them going again?
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does that mean your husband had granted you access so you could see the videos without using his account? If so, you should still be able to see them.

@JamesC or @ShayneS may be able to help you take control.

Kat1027
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have my own account and log in and can view videos, add devices, remove devices.
K-F
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am curios for this answer too. We recently setup our cameras and made my husband administrator and now want me to be the administrator as that person has more permissions than guests on the account and I am more available than my husband.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@K-F wrote:

I am curios for this answer too. We recently setup our cameras and made my husband administrator and now want me to be the administrator as that person has more permissions than guests on the account and I am more available than my husband.

If your husband can still log in, then your situation is different.

One option is to remove all devices from his account, and then add them to yours.  After that, share the cameras back to his account with the friend account feature.  You'll need to cancel his subscription, and start a new one in your account.

If one of you has a second email address, then you can alternatively swap the email addresses.  Change one account to use the temporary.  Change the other account to use the first account's address.  Then change the temporary address to use the second account's address.  A bit clumsy, but probably easier than onboarding the cameras (and it doesn't require changing the subscription).  https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-can-I-change-my-Arlo-email-address

You'll also need to set up the trusted device list again if you use the second method.