Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to tell what user/process is disarming my system??!?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EngineerBoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro system with two base stations at different locations. I had Smartthings and IFTTT integration enabled, and had removed the 'Smartthings' mode from both base stations. I set up *no* routines or processes in either Smartthings or IFTTT to do anything with Arlo (yet), but had plans to do so. Things have been in this state and functioning normally for several months.

Starting this week, one of my base stations keeps getting set to Disarmed spontaneously. I have removed the Smartthings and IFTTT integration completely, however it continues to happen. If I set this base station to another mode (Armed, Scheduled) then it stays in that mode for some period of time, then reverts back to Disarmed and stays there. The amount of time it takes before it reverts back to Disarmed has varied in my testing from a few minutes to an hour or more.

How can I determine what user/function is setting my base to disarmed? My understanding is that detailed logs are not typically available in the standard user interface, but is there some way to get to them through a back door somehow?

Is there some way to lock the Arlo into the Armed mode and require some kind of secondary step to change it? 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try and armed via the web ( ios has acted strange lately ) to make sure the mode is locked in.

log out of the phone app instead of swiping out, see if changes any

change PW to strong just in case

there is no backdoor to see logs

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Smart Things addition and removal has a tendency to first change settings over to Smart Things, then with removal, not back them out properly.

Make sure first that there no longer is a Smart Things mode listed .. though by backing out I presume you have already deleated the mode. Also make sure you have deleted Arlo from Smart Things also.

If you have Arlo modes set up, check them including Armed ... especially check schedule to see if any armed modes you have still exist. Sometimes backing out Smart Things will kill Armed modes in Schedule and backing out leaves them blank. Once you have everything set the way you want and saved at every step, reboot the system.

I am unsure if this is your problem but my experience with Arlo and Smart Things.