Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
jtannenba
Star
Star

I don't know if this was brought up.  My system covers the house pretty good, but I can't leave it armed during the day since my street seems to be a shortcut for the neighborhood.  One camera catches the street, the same one that protects the front of the house.  I have one on  my front door also.  Why is there no way to arm individual cameras?  Ei arm all but one except at night, or just the front door one on all the time?  This system cost enough you would think they thought of that?

Come on Arlo, make this system useful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtannenba wrote:

@TomMac I have a schedule.  Problem is all camera or none.  Would like to schedule cameras individually.

Lots of people trip over this.  The schedule is scheduling the system (Base + all cameras), not specific cameras.  So you need to get out of the mindset of scheduling a single camera.

You start by creating custom modes for the various combinations of cameras that you have (for instance, a mode that enables only the outside cameras, or one that only enables the back yard cameras).  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Then you schedule those modes as desired.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jtannenba

Have you thought of trying to setup a schedule for the different times of day you want the cameras to record? I have provided the article here for you. How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First. You can arm All or just one or any number of cameras. You need to create Custom Modes

exp: you have three cams, A, B, C.

Create custom modes for 

A

B

C

A,B

A,C

B,C

Armed is all , the use one of the above for any combo of cameras

Then if wanted you can schedule the customs mode too.

ps: re aim the camera so it doesn’t see street.. the pir device only detects people to 25 ft

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jtannenba
Star
Star

@TomMac I have a schedule.  Problem is all camera or none.  Would like to schedule cameras individually.

jtannenba
Star
Star

The one that sees the street is aimed close to the house.  Still sees the street.  Custom is new.. but did not see how to schedule the custom. The schedule still appears all or none.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Star fresh. Remove all times in the schedule. It sounds like you have the Armed mode and one custom mode. Thus, schedule the Armed mode for the time periods when you want all cameras. Add another time period and choose the custom mode.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS

do schedules on a computer...easy to mouse click and drag drop new times and/ or expand time slots

Morse is faster than texting!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtannenba wrote:

Lots of people trip over this.  The schedule is scheduling the system (Base + all cameras), not specific cameras.  So you need to get out of the mindset of scheduling a single camera.

You start by creating custom modes for the various combinations of cameras that you have (for instance, a mode that enables only the outside cameras, or one that only enables the back yard cameras).  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Then you schedule those modes as desired.

jtannenba
Star
Star

Got it.  I have all the cams on schedule and when off schedule, the front door is always on.