Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to constant record using Arlo Pro - VMS4130

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gotya
Follower
Follower

Hi, just got an Arlo Pro today & could really use some help as I have a security issue at present and need this thing to do what I need it to do!  To start with, when I downloaded the app, it didn't have an arlo pro camera option and i think i eventually settled on something that looked similar.  2nd thing, it only seems to want to operate in motion activated mode....please tell me I can constant record instead if I want to?  TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

ARLO and ARLO PRO cameras are not designed to record 24 hours a day.  They are event based security cameras that record when motion (or in arlo pro, audio) is detected.  These cameras are battery powered, and as such, aren't able to be recorded continously.  Arlo Q can do this function, but it's a powered camera (must be plugged in) and is not designed for outdoor applications (it has no weatherproofing like arlo and arlo pro).  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

ARLO and ARLO PRO cameras are not designed to record 24 hours a day.  They are event based security cameras that record when motion (or in arlo pro, audio) is detected.  These cameras are battery powered, and as such, aren't able to be recorded continously.  Arlo Q can do this function, but it's a powered camera (must be plugged in) and is not designed for outdoor applications (it has no weatherproofing like arlo and arlo pro).