Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BAHappycamper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using a Arlo smart base station ( for the VMC3030 cameras ) ! I have a new Arlo Pro base station I want to activate ! Do I have to deactivate the one I am using ? Also do I deactivate the cameras also ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BAHappycamper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it ! I am technologically challenged ! This was so easy ! There was no problem at all ! What I did was delete the base station that was activated ! I then connected the Pro Base station and my router picked it up ! I named it then I activated my cameras ! All went very smooth ! Thanks for the tips !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@BAHappycamper

You can add the Pro base first to your account, then I would remove the cameras from the HD base and resync them to the Pro base. Then it is up to you if you wand to remove the HD base or just keep it on your account with no cameras attached to it in case you want to use it later.

Brian

BAHappycamper
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I can have 2 base stations linked together for my 5 cameras ? If that is the case then I wouldn’t have to deactivate the one I am using now ? I am going to buy a Arlo Pro camera soon and I would need the Pro base station to activate the Pro camera ! I will deactivate 1 camera so I can stay on the BASIC PLAN ! Having 2 different base stations ( one being the Pro ) ....... would the other base interfere with the Pro Base on activating a Pro camera ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No and the new Pro camera will work fine on the old base. All cameras work on all bases. The advantages of having a Pro base is the ability to use the USB ports as well the siren.

brh
Master
Master

@BAHappycamper

You can have as many base stations as you want on your account, (I have 2 Pro bases on one account and 1 base on a different account), but on the free plan you are limited to 5 working cameras without paying for the cloud storage for additional cameras.

You can, though, after removing the cameras and base from the first account, keep the HD base and add it to a second email account with any additional cameras. There are a couple of caveats by doing it that way and they are:

1) you will have to arm each base separately and

2) to edit the settings you must log onto the account that the cameras and base are associated with.

You can grant permissions from  Base A to Base B and again from Base B back to Base A to be able to view all the cameras in the same app.

Brian

BAHappycamper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it ! I am technologically challenged ! This was so easy ! There was no problem at all ! What I did was delete the base station that was activated ! I then connected the Pro Base station and my router picked it up ! I named it then I activated my cameras ! All went very smooth ! Thanks for the tips !