Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Goldy68
Tutor
Tutor
Just installed the 3 cameras but for the life of me I can't find the adjustment setting to change from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.
I have looked on the app and on the pc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go to mode.

Select edit on the camera you want to adjust and scroll down and click on record video.

Drag the slider.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go to mode.

Select edit on the camera you want to adjust and scroll down and click on record video.

Drag the slider.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. On Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras, you can also set your camera to record until motion stops, up to 300 seconds (5 minutes). 

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.
Goldy68
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for that. Rookie error from me.
Khone
Luminary
Luminary
Is there any way to increase the recording time from 10 seconds on the csmeras? I looked @ the questions in the Forum posts but couldn't find any answers. Thanks for any heads-up.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots of answers in the forum and then there's the FAQs. Quickly, use the Mode tab, select your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there. Be sure to save.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for your reply.

When I go to Mode, all that is there is Armed, Disarmed, Schedule, and Geofencing. No base unit is listed.

If I click on Add a Mode it asks to enter a mode name. Does that mean I should add my base unit? If so, I'm sorta screwed as I'm overseas and don't know which base I have.

Sorry to be such a pest, but had little time to work with the system before we left on our trip.

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to  EDIT the ARMED mode

On pc it's the > symbol to edit , ios uses a pencil

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you TomMac. That was the answer.

Appreciate your "heads-up".

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, from Vientiane, Laos.

Eugenehunter
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I make system recording longer than 10 seconds
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit your modes - all recording settings are in there. Check out the FAQs here for full details.

Quickly, use the Mode tab, select your base and edit your modes. The Armed mode is the default for a new system. In there you can change various things, including recording time. Be sure to use Save at every opportunity. Since the Armed mode is really just to get you started and for troubleshooting, you can't change everything. Consider creating your own custom modes, using the Armed mode as an example. Any camera without a rule is disarmed so you can mix and match as you need. Then use the schedule to automate switching.

Dumo650
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can i only get a 10 second video, when ther is still movenent in the video.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You do know you can increase the recording time setting ?

To do so, you must edit the Mode you are using;

https://kb.arlo.com/1079027/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length

Ladyblue802
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do i change the length of time to record???   

ALSO ---  I have had a hell of a time setting the motion to the right distance.   I want it to pick up when someone is at my front gate ,  about 30 ft from camera.    It goes off every time a car goes by (10 and 15 ft further out).  sucks up a lot of battery power.   then sometimes does not even record until someone is 8 ft from my front door ..........  no consistancy except for cars flying by.    after recharging batteries  (not the first time recharging)  camera recorded fine for a few hours,  then  doesnt record when someone who lives here pulls up in front of the fence -- yet does when a car passes by it.   I am very frustrated.  I tried restarting the router, but didnt work.  the back camera works great for watching the dogs.    a 3rd cam in the set was working fine too, temp. set aside till I buy more rechargeable batteries for it .    

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Change the recording length under modes. You maybe set to record until movement stops, try set it to a fixed length.

See here about positioning

https://kb.arlo.com/000051462/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

Floridian
Star
Star

Is there a way to adjust to have the recordings of notifications record longer. Most of my library recordings last only 25 seconds.. Thank You. Floridian Ralph

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Go under modes. Click on the green pencil to the right of the mode you want to adjust. From there you can choose how long to record. 120 seconds is max or you can choose until motion stops. Dont forget to hit back then save. If its saved it will say adding rule
ne14lee
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here.

Mandyb75
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I set Arlo to record longer than 10 seconds?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A good place to start is the FAQs....

https://kb.arlo.com/1079027/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here for many topics, including this one. You can make all of the various adjustments in your modes and rules.

PLSa
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I adjust recording time. I go to mode and it only shows base not cameras
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Click on armed for that base and it will open up a screen listing the cameras.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@PLSa wrote:
How do I adjust recording time. I go to mode and it only shows base not cameras

Did you see Message 21 and the link in it in this thread?