Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How so I Change admin owners?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jen1975
Aspirant
Aspirant

Went through a divorce and I now have the system and my x husband was the admin. I only had rights to view. How do I get to be admin and make sure he is not watching stuff once I get hooked up!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After all devices are deleted from the husband's account, set it up now with a new email and pw ( yours).

It would be a new install.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jen1975 wrote:
Went through a divorce and I now have the system and my x husband was the admin. I only had rights to view. How do I get to be admin and make sure he is not watching stuff once I get hooked up!

You'll need his cooperation to get to his account credentials (email address and account password).

Once you have that, you log into his account (web client is good for this) and remove all the devices from the account (base stations, cameras, doorbells, lights, chimes, bridges, ...).  Also cancel any subscriptions.  (Obviously he could do that also).

Then you can do a new system setup from your own account, and add those devices back.  Also create new subscriptions if needed/desired.

Jen1975
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok so I got his login information and deleted and now got get into the account at all! Please help and advise
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After all devices are deleted from the husband's account, set it up now with a new email and pw ( yours).

It would be a new install.

Morse is faster than texting!