Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
KingCwab
Initiate
Initiate

Can't turn off email notifications. Support says to log in and select "mode" but there is NOTHING listed called mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@KingCwab

When you log in to your app on your smart phone, you are usually taken to the Devices page. At the bottom of this page there should be an icon that says, Mode. on the next page select your base station. Click on the green text to the right of the base station icon. This green text tells you which Mode you are using. On the next page select the green pencil to the right of the Armed mode. The next page is the Edit Mode page and at the bottom of the page you should have a Rule for each camera in your system. Click on the green pencil next to the first Rule and you will be taken to the Edit Rules page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the notification you want to receive and deselect the other option if you don't want to use it. Or select both options. Then select Save at the top right of the page. Go back to the Edit Rules page and repeat the process for every Rule.

Brian

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
brh
Master
Master

@KingCwab

When you log in to your app on your smart phone, you are usually taken to the Devices page. At the bottom of this page there should be an icon that says, Mode. on the next page select your base station. Click on the green text to the right of the base station icon. This green text tells you which Mode you are using. On the next page select the green pencil to the right of the Armed mode. The next page is the Edit Mode page and at the bottom of the page you should have a Rule for each camera in your system. Click on the green pencil next to the first Rule and you will be taken to the Edit Rules page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the notification you want to receive and deselect the other option if you don't want to use it. Or select both options. Then select Save at the top right of the page. Go back to the Edit Rules page and repeat the process for every Rule.

Brian

KingCwab
Initiate
Initiate

THANK YOU! I couldn't figure that out for the life of me. I was also able to set the recording time beyond the 10 seconds default. I was very frustrated wondering why I spent $600 for a system that only recorded 10 second clips. Lol

hcrummy
Initiate
Initiate

After updating my mobile APP, ARLO asked for an email confirmation. Now it keeps sending me email alerts every few minutes. I tried to shut down email alerts, but the drop down menu from the boards on my camera and base station don't exist as explained. Is that because it is for oldewr systems? Please advise. 

brh
Master
Master

@hcrummy

Log into your app and select the Mode tab. Select the mode you are using, (usually armed), and it will take you to the Rules page. For each camera in your system you should have a rule. Select edit for each rule and scroll down until you see the check boxes for Text and Email notifications. Uncheck the box for the email alerts and save the results. Do the same thing for each rule.

The new app might be slightly different but I think you will get the drift of what I am saying.

Brian

Stlman123
Initiate
Initiate
I am trying to find out how to turn off the email notifications. It notifies me on my phone when there is movement. Trying to find out how to stop it from sending me emails. Please help!! Also, does anyone know a number or email for customer service??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here - lots of good info including how to enable/disable notifications. Edit your modes (likely the Armed mode) and set the notifications the way you want. Be sure to save.

No email support but phone and chat are available by clicking on the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The 3rd page has the contact methods.

statecop
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did all but still receive email notifications!
statecop
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

statecop,

Have checked the rules for each device you have in your Modes/Custom Modes? Have you tried to uninstall & re-install the Arlo Mobile App?

TexasTechi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t comment much but had to make a point to voice my opinion that I expect much better from Netgear! My app was working great and then a new update forced me to input my email and then automatically reconfigured my system to send email alerts for every camera. This was highly annoying and Ike consuming. Shutting off the alerts in the app is not intuitive in the least and took way too much time searching the message boards to fix something that I didn’t break! Great product overall but please try harder with the next update Netgear.
user1963
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Model, VMB4000 ($800 from Costco) is not on the drop-down list for submitting reports here.

There is no "mode" setting or option in the App.  I need to turn off the email notifications and lengthen the recording times.  Searched all through the app, then checked the tips here, and still can't find it.

brh
Master
Master

@user1963

When you open the app, there should be 4 icons named, "Devices," "Library," "Mode" and "Settings." These icons could be at the top or the bottom of the screen depending on the app you are using, but they have to be there os else you can't make any adjustments or view the recordings in the library. Clicking on the "Mode" icon will take you to the screen that shows the various modes, "Armed," "Disarmed," "Schedule" and "Geofencing." The Armed mode usually has an ">" to the right side of the test and clicking on that takes you to the "Rules" screen. You should have a rule for each camera. Click the ">" to the right hand side of the text for each camera and on the next screen scroll down until you see the check boxes for "Text" and "Email" notifications. Deselect the box that says "Email."

Brian

ambdaoud2
Aspirant
Aspirant
This was very helpful. Thank you
Gshearer
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I stop alert emails?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By editing your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here on how to do this.

V56
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've gone into my settings, in notification but the only thing listed is phone alerts. I want to cancel alerts sent to my email..
Thanks
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

On phone app, normally the email check box is below the push notification box. On Android when you bring up the screen  Mode>mode>camera>edit[pencil] the email box is below the bottom of the screen and you need to scroll a tiny bit. If you have problems with the phone screen, use the web based interface. You set notifications by camera by mode.

Esfd243
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I shut off emails from Arlo but still get phone notifications?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here about changing notifications. Edit your modes to set notifications as you like. Be sure to save.

abqspamman2gmai
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I turn off email alerts every time motion is detected. 

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Go to mode, click the pencil next to each mode, click the pencil next to each camera, scroll to bottom you'll see alerts.