Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I set up Arlo pro with my existing Arlo app?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
flyjrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo at one address and I just purchase an Arlo Pro for my vacation home. I have the app on my cell from my home setup. How do I set up the pro at my second home with having original app already on my iPhone???

tks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

flyjrg wrote:

I have an Arlo at one address and I just purchase an Arlo Pro for my vacation home. I have the app on my cell from my home setup. How do I set up the pro at my second home with having original app already on my iPhone???

tks

Your iphone shouldn't be a problem in setting the system up...

You can set up the second base and sync the cameras to that base at home using ADD DEVICE, unplug the base and take setup to the second location and just plug in ( it should come up fine tho if off for a while you may have to resync the cams )

OR

You can set it up at the second location by logging into you account and using ADD DEVICE(bottom of page) from the main DEVICE screen.

Personally, I'd set it up at home in case of difficulties and then unplug and transport the system to the second location. That way you know it works.

As a PS... you may want to think of a small UPS at the vacation home if the area is remote and has power problems at times.

There is less of a chance of the cams going off line during power outages with a UPS

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

flyjrg wrote:

tks

Your iphone shouldn't be a problem in setting the system up...

You can set up the second base and sync the cameras to that base at home using ADD DEVICE, unplug the base and take setup to the second location and just plug in ( it should come up fine tho if off for a while you may have to resync the cams )

OR

You can set it up at the second location by logging into you account and using ADD DEVICE(bottom of page) from the main DEVICE screen.

Personally, I'd set it up at home in case of difficulties and then unplug and transport the system to the second location. That way you know it works.

As a PS... you may want to think of a small UPS at the vacation home if the area is remote and has power problems at times.

There is less of a chance of the cams going off line during power outages with a UPS

Morse is faster than texting!