Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wilmark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have searched the Arlo community on adding camera access for other users. It does not help. Yes send them an invite - but how does the friend set it up? Does he have to download the app, and set up the same base and devices? When they tried that it does not work. The app is blank with no devices, and the sharing is not effected. Worse the feedback tool does not work to tell them the answer was inadequate. 

So what is the full procedure to share a feed?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wilmark wrote:

Does he have to download the app, and set up the same base and devices? When they tried that it does not work. 

No.  As you found, that doesn't work.

The simplest way is to accept the invite on a PC.  Then they should see the cameras when they log into the app.

FWIW, I agree that the info here isn't quite complete:  https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account  It should include the steps needed to accept the invitation.

wilmark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I dont think this works. She was trying to access it on another phone. I will try on a pc, without any app. It is asking you to create an account, use the app and then when you log onto the app, there is nothing there, and you have to add devices. WHich is where i was in my original post

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wilmark wrote:

She was trying to access it on another phone. I will try on a pc, without any app. It is asking you to create an account, use the app and then when you log onto the app, there is nothing there, and you have to add devices. WHich is where i was in my original post

Other users have reported success when accepting the invite on a PC.

You definitely can't add the cameras to her account, because they are already in yours.  There should be a way to get past that screen in the app, but I'm not sure what it is (my devices are all already set up).

GazClo22
Tutor
Tutor
I to cannot get this app set up on another device.grant avcess, they’ve downloaded the app on another iPhone, got their email it sends them to create an account which they already have but no way to join to access cctv videos.

We need clarity and simplicity and this isn’t it
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GazClo22 wrote:
I to cannot get this app set up on another device.grant avcess, they’ve downloaded the app on another iPhone, got their email it sends them to create an account which they already have but no way to join to access cctv videos.

They still need to click on "Create account" in the email.  Then log in to their existing account, instead of creating a new oneThere is a token embedded in the "create account" link that needs to be read and processed by the Arlo cloud.

As I mentioned earlier, it is best to do this on a PC (either Windows or Mac), and not do it on the phone.

@GazClo22 wrote:
We need clarity and simplicity and this isn’t it

I can only tell you how it works.  I don't work for Arlo, and have no responsibility for the way this functions.