Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cvxdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up new Arlo Pro VMC4030 camera, updated firmware and tried various setting adjustments. All worked fine, except the directions to change the camera power settings. Factory set to Balances Video Quality and Battery Life. I can not move it to May Reduce Battery Life setting to see if the video quality is better. Is there another setting I have to male to enable the quality adjustment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cvxdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the excellent advice. I tried Firefox and it still didn't work. I then tried my Kindle with Android and I was able to move the video quality slider as desired.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on whether you're using the app or a browser.  With the app, just tap on or near the desired setting.  On a browser, you have to grab the slider and move it.  Be sure to save the setting.

cvxdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the info. I thought I was clear that I was not able to adjust the video quality. I am using Internet Explorer on Windows 10 Pro. When I select the slider with the mouse and try to drag it, it will not move. Any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try a different browser. I'm on W10 using Chrome and tested before I posted.
cvxdoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the excellent advice. I tried Firefox and it still didn't work. I then tried my Kindle with Android and I was able to move the video quality slider as desired.

jjordi69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo for just about a year now.  Great device!  A couple days ago, it started displaying the view with a "pink hue" not the real colour it used to.  Not sure why and dont how to correct this.  What used to look like the real view now looks like a desert.

Please help.

Thanks

JJ

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try opening and closing the battery door.  If that doesn't help, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here - it's a hardware problem.

jjordi69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try that. Both if need be.

Thank you.