Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I access the 7 day free cloud recording? I have an old Arlo Pro, it was always free.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aja_Malaysia
Guide
Guide

I read in another forum that old users would not lose their access to free recordings but I can’t access it. It’s trying to prompt me to purchase a plan. I didn’t log into the camera for a long time , life has just been hectic but I didn’t expect to have to pay for a subscription since it was marketed as free and I always received free recording. Can someone advise. Now you can’t even reach them without a subscription. It used to not be like that when I first bought their cameras. This is very disappointing.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aja_Malaysia wrote:

I read in another forum that old users would not lose their access to free recordings but I can’t access it. It’s trying to prompt me to purchase a plan.

Is the camera still showing up in your account?

If it is, can you livestream it?

Aja_Malaysia
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen,

I realized after I created the post that I do still have access to the 7 day free cloud recording. I was confused because it said I don’t have a subscription but I do see the recording are being stored in the library still. Now I just need to find a good source for replacement batteries for the first generation cameras. It appears Arlo is no longer selling them at this time. Do you know of a source? I will close the topic soon but if you have advice on battery options , I’d greatly appreciate.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aja_Malaysia wrote:

I was confused because it said I don’t have a subscription

FWIW, you don't have a subscription (the 7-day recording doesn't require that).

@Aja_Malaysia wrote:

Now I just need to find a good source for replacement batteries for the first generation cameras. It appears Arlo is no longer selling them at this time. Do you know of a source?

The first generation cameras (Arlo WireFree) use four CR132 batteries - so I am thinking you actually mean batteries for the Pro/Pro 2.

I am also seeing that the VMA4400 batteries are out of stock at arlo.com - and are not listed in the Arlo US Amazon store all.

Amazon does have several third-party replacements listed - but I have never used them, so have no recommendation.