Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I change the length of time my cameras record ?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Agtailg8tr
Follower
Follower

I would like to change the length of time my cameras record to a longer period of time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Tailg8tr,

Open the Modes section, select your mode and "Edit" the rule for the camera or cameras you're interested in.

Once you're in the rule, look down to the third section where it says "Then do the following."

Assuming you're recording video on an event, there will be a little ">" icon to the right of "Record Video."

Once you click that icon, you'll get to the slider that was screenshotted.

Good luck,

Dave

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agtailg8tr wrote:

I would like to change the length of time my cameras record to a longer period of time. 

You change this setting within the rule.

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 9.46.06 PM.png

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Tailg8tr,

Open the Modes section, select your mode and "Edit" the rule for the camera or cameras you're interested in.

Once you're in the rule, look down to the third section where it says "Then do the following."

Assuming you're recording video on an event, there will be a little ">" icon to the right of "Record Video."

Once you click that icon, you'll get to the slider that was screenshotted.

Good luck,

Dave

ArloProUserHere
Star
Star

Neither of the responses are accurate on how to fix it. The app runs differently than the web interface.  The web interface allows you to select the time to record, but then won't let you unselect that. 

The promised function of recording until there isn't movement is not there yet.  If in the app I don't set a time amount, ut only records 15 seconds of video.  It might, might, then start recording again if it senses motion.

This is really a buggy feature for the ARLO pro.  They need to fix it.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

All,

Not to sound like a rear end, but maybe just wait to use the slider until you hop on a PC?

Regards,

Dave

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "record until motion stops" feature was removed from the app and web versions a while ago since it wasn't working.  It will hopefully return at some point.

BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice

ArloProUserHere wrote:

Neither of the responses are accurate on how to fix it. The app runs differently than the web interface.  The web interface allows you to select the time to record, but then won't let you unselect that. 

The promised function of recording until there isn't movement is not there yet.  If in the app I don't set a time amount, ut only records 15 seconds of video.  It might, might, then start recording again if it senses motion.

This is really a buggy feature for the ARLO pro.  They need to fix it.

Not sure what you're talking about. The app and web version both work as suspected and are merely identical when it comes to selecting a recording length. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Banshee,

"The web interface allows you to select the time to record, but then won't let you unselect that."

I'm not sure what you mean? When I do it, I do a > arrow into the slider, slide to my selection, press Back above and it keeps that setting. That's on the website via PC. Does it not do that for you? What am I missing? Strange.

Thanks,

Dave

sheilaba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't get the video recording length change to save. Do you know to get it to save my changes.

sheilaba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it... Thank you! Feeling pretty silly.