Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How Do I Turn On Arlo Notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BiggyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera at my front door. When it senses motion I want it to send me a notification. Is email the only option for this? I don't want to turn on email notifications on my phone because I get so many. Is there some software app you could recommend to help discriminate against all but Arlo notifications?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check your modes and rules? That's where you enable/disable both push and email notifications.

BiggyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is "push"?    I get emails, but I only want emails from Arlo, and nobody else.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Push notifications are the ones that pop up on the notification bar of your mobile device. That's a function of the app and your phone. Email notifications are just that - emails. They always come from Arlo. How you filter emails is up to you.

BiggyD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it. Ok... no email. When Arlo camera detects motion (I have it set for email right now) I want my Android phone to light up like a Xmas tree and scream like an air raid siren, even in silent mode. How can I do this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Emails have to be handled by your email client. Whether that can be configured to sound different sounds for specific emails depends on that client.