Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Solar Panel Error

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MTLijo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed 3 Arlo brand solar panels on Arlo Pro cameras about 2 weeks ago. Everything has been going well until to day on one camera I received the following error:

"The charging source connected to the camera cannot charge your battery. Please use the power adapter designed for your camera."

These are ARLO brand panels bought from Best Buy. The other two cameras are charging just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Many people are reporting the same issue as you. I have a solar panel and after heavy rain I received the same message. I got my husband to take down the camera and panel and unplugged the solar panel. I left both inside overnight and when I tried the panel in a different camera the next morning  it worked. I plugged it back into the original camera and it started charging. I put both back in the same position the only thing I changed was how the cord from the solar panel hung. My husband had originally tied the cord up and as the solar panel is positioned higher than my camera rain would run down the cord to the camera connection. I undid the tie and the cord now hangs down in a loop  so water runs down the cord from both connections not to one connection. I don't know if this helped but I haven't had this message again and We've had lots of rain in the 4 months since the problem occurred. I did have a problem with the original camera that was connected to the solar panel a couple months later, it started draining the battery overnight. I had it replaced and haven't had any issues since, still have the same solar panel. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Many people are reporting the same issue as you. I have a solar panel and after heavy rain I received the same message. I got my husband to take down the camera and panel and unplugged the solar panel. I left both inside overnight and when I tried the panel in a different camera the next morning  it worked. I plugged it back into the original camera and it started charging. I put both back in the same position the only thing I changed was how the cord from the solar panel hung. My husband had originally tied the cord up and as the solar panel is positioned higher than my camera rain would run down the cord to the camera connection. I undid the tie and the cord now hangs down in a loop  so water runs down the cord from both connections not to one connection. I don't know if this helped but I haven't had this message again and We've had lots of rain in the 4 months since the problem occurred. I did have a problem with the original camera that was connected to the solar panel a couple months later, it started draining the battery overnight. I had it replaced and haven't had any issues since, still have the same solar panel. 

MTLijo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well as it turns out it reset itself overnight and is working again and battery is fully topped off. Who knows!