Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jameegi
Follower
Follower

My home security base has stopped connecting to the Internet. I’ve tried twice to live chat with Arlo support and no one answers. None of their videos pertaining to my specific issue. I have tried restarting it twice I’ve restarted my Wi-Fi router even though everything else connects to it. I’ve unplugged it from the wall and the router and nothing is working. Any suggestions or do I just trashed this and move to Ring which is what I am now seriously considering?

5 REPLIES 5
ZdOG_09
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can no longer connect my base station to the internet after last update 16 April 19. Cameras haven't been picking up motion even in the armed status for the last 6months. only able to manual record or view. Very frustrating considering this brand used to have a good rep and each update it seems to be going further downhill. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, what are the LEDs on the base showing?

FPF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also been unable to use the system since this last update.  My app has been updated, all 3 lights on the base station are on but the 'mode' states that the base station is offline.  I have unplugged all lines going in, pushed the reset button, removed and added the app 3x so far.  Nothing. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All the base LEDs being on is a good start but what color are they? We need all the details.

Also, when you pushed the reset button, how long did you hold it and what did the base LEDs do? If you held it until the LEDs flashed amber (~10 seconds or so), you have to start fresh and install the system as new.

Have you also tried using a web browser to see if there's a difference?

ZdOG_09
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the help. I deleted my devices and the base station then reset the base holding for 10sec, it went orange. After 45mins it come up and connected to the internet. Clearly the base station needed an update. After that I re added my base station and each camera and it is now working properly. My recordings started again which hadn't worked for about 4months. Thanks for the help. Hope this helps others.