Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dbrasco
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, wondering if this is possible, and if so, how I would do it?  I've searched and havent found anything easy enough for me to follow or wrap my head around.

During the week, i want our 4 cameras to be armed from 12am to 7am and then from 7am to 9am, armed if I am not home but disarmed if I am home.  Then from 9am to 4pm armed, and from 4pm - 10pm,  armed if I am not home but disarmed if I am home.  Finally from 10pm-11:59PM, armed.  Is this possible to do?   I know if involves schedules and geofencing, I'm just not sure how to get those 2 things to work together.  Thanks!!!

6 REPLIES 6
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Setup your schedules, then edit the geofencing mode and choose the appropriate schedules for home and away. Set mode to geofencing and it should work. Should run your away schedule when away, home schedule when your home, and other schedules outside the away/home schedule times.

dbrasco
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, I think I got it and will try to do this tonight.  

dbrasco
Tutor
Tutor

Thinking about this a little more, you mentioned create 2 different schedules.  Is there a way to do this?  I am familiar with adding modes to the schedule option but not familiar with a way to have multiple schedules.  Sorry I can't wrap my head around this!  Thanks,

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Sorry I never actually walked thru the steps as I don't use schedule or geofencing, but I think I forgot a step.

First create custom modes for home and away. Then create your schedules and use those custom modes in schedules. Then use the schedule in geofencing.

dbrasco
Tutor
Tutor

Can anyone confirm that there is actually the ability to have multiple schedules?  I *think* this is the only way to get it to work.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I just went into schedules. I can choose add, pick my custom mode that I setup, choose the time, then save. I can then tap add again, choose a different custom mode, set its time, and save, etc. But, your correct, you can not add more than one schedule mode/rule, you can only have the one with multiple times in it. So yes it seems like you need 2 schedules for what your trying to do, which isn't possible.

You're probably going to have to setup a schedule, geofencing, and custom modes and switch between them manually.

For example: set a schedule for 12am to 7am. Then from 7am-9am switch to geofencing which runs away and home custom modes. Then back to schedule for 9am-4pm armed. Then from 4pm to 10pm back to geofencing with your away and home custom modes. Then back to schedule at 10pm-11:59pm.

Unless someone has another idea........... the only other info I have is if you used SmartThings, you could automate this in SmartThings using a smartapp called Arlo Pilot. If your thinking about adding smart home devices like lights, locks, sensor, etc to your home, then go with SmartThings as Arlo integrates into SmartThings and Arlo Pilot lets you automate the changing of Arlo modes. I use it with an arrival sensor. SmartThings senses when I'm home or away via the arrival sensor and then arlo pilot changes the mode automatically.