Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help I am trying to connect Arlo pro cameras to my Netgear MR100 router. Not working.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
combat3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro - 4 camera system. I would like to take two of the cameras off the Arlo base station and use them with my MR1000 router. I have both the Arlo and Netgear apps on my phone. I went through the process' for the MR1000 and Arlo apps.  The MR1100 shows the cameras  connected but I can't figure out how to view them? When ever I go to the Arlo app all i see is he original two cameras connected to the Arlo base station? Thanks in advance

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, I would tend to suggest NOT using the mobile router since the firmware in it is far behind that of the base and may not ever get updated. Also, I don't see a way to use the app to claim the "base" in the router so that simply isn't going to work. However, it IS present in the web client under Base Stations and Bridges (Netgear Mobile Router). You have to claim that first to be able to see the cameras.

Again, I wouldn't use this unless it truly gives you a solution that isn't otherwise possible.

timbokazoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue  with Mobile router MR1100 and Arlo Pro 2 camera.This had worked about a year ago ... now does not seem to work. Required for a construction site (No power, no internet).

On the MR1100 app I can add the camera - it is found immediately via Sync button ... but camera does not show up in Arlo App. 

combat3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Original post should read mr1100, I don’t understand super users instruction
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

He means that the software on the router you're trying to use is so outdated it may no longer function properly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------