Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ceesvdbrink
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Camera in geofencing mode is a nice feature but is there an option for what I still looking after:

for example Some cams go off or on when I am there or not. But at Night when I am there I also want a camera online which is normaly not reporting in geofencing mode.

Is there a duel option geo including Some time modus to setup this. This is really something I miss.

Jacob

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Ceesvdbrink,

If you are wanting your cameras to be armed at night, you can try using "Schedule" to choose when it should be armed during the night so when you're at home (Home Mode on Geofencing settings), you can select "Schedule".

Ceesvdbrink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I know the schedule option but this is with 3 or more cams not an option for my problem.

I want to be in home mode with Cams 1 and 2 offline but at time say 23:30 to be online with cam 3 and still keep cams 1 &2 offline

I really look for an option like this
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You should try using "Custom Modes" as an option to have more than three cameras.

Try to see if the instructions below helps you or gives you a better idea:

1. Create first custom mode for Cams 1 and 2

2. Create second custom mode for Cam 3

3. Edit Schedule and choose the time when you want your Cam 3 to be armed by choosing "Second Custom Mode" on the Edit Mode to be armed and choose the start time and stop time (do know Stop Time is till 11:59 PM).

4. Go to Geofencing and choose "Home Mode" as "Schedule"

Hopefully this gives a better idea of how to have some of your cameras go online even when you're at home via Geofencing. Let me know if you need clarification.

Ceesvdbrink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your replay. My setup I want in detail below.

I tried over and over but my problem is in planning maybe I do something wrong.

Cam 1 - 5 online when not there geofencing

Cam 1 & 2 online when home all the time

Cam 3 - 5 online at time x in home mode. Here starts problem when say online from 23:00 till 8:00 I can not select tis over night what do I do wrong

Kind regards

Jacob
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hm, let me have our support team help you with this. I'll send you a private message to create a case for you and gather some information from you.