Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant Access broken after re-adding one camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
karagrimm
Follower
Follower

I couldn’t get one of my cameras to sync after I changed its battery, so I ended up removing/re-adding it. That somehow reset my “grant access” list to blank, where before my fiancé was listed.  He still has access to the other 5 cameras, plus any recordings from the re-added one, it just doesn’t show up in his device list so he can’t watch live. This is also a problem because if I would need to remove his access, I can’t. He’s not on the list to remove. Any help would be appreciated! 

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What happens if you send your partner a new invite?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you add a new camera, regardless of whether it's new or, in your case, removing and re-adding it, the camera needs to be selected in that person's account in Grant Access. They don't automatically get access to the camera - you have to grant it (again).

schrepel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue, the Grant Access list is completely empty after having added a new camera. So even though my wife had been on the Grant Access list for all previous cameras, once we added this new one, my Grant Access list was empty, so I had to add her again as a "new" friend (which then looks weird to her because the email invite only has a Create Account button).

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The create account button found in the email is a link that actions the friend invite to be accepted. Yes worded incorrectly.

The invitee should be able to login after selecting the link to complete the acceptance action. 

This should be performed using a pc rather than the mobile app.