Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Got new VMB4000r3 but doesn't recognize camera after working for over 2 years

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Grr2locations20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a Netgear base in my NE home which recently died (all 3 lights failed to illuminated) so after gi vin g up on the Arlo "Support"..it was easier to simply purchase a new base(VMB4000r3) for my main house. No problem w the set-up - Arlo app recognized.

Unfortunately my rental home down south now has the issue. Same base (VMB4000r3)as above w Arlo Pro camera...I can not get it to be recognized despite the camera syncing w the base- although it has  been operating fine for 2 years. Have tried all the suggested  steps (so my cleaner tells me as I attempt to get this up and running w her help since I am several states away!). We've unplugged/and reset the base station, all 3 lights illuminated, camera syncs (flashing blue then solid), but this device is no longer recognized on my app!!

I don't have "Smart" plan, as these were purchased while the 7 day cloud storage was still the only thing offered. Thought if I signed up for a single camera smart plan I might be able to speak with a human... but t have not been able to do that either.

Any thoughts on why this device is not being "recognized" when it once was?  I have the Firmware/Hardware/Serial #s- thought I could speak w someone... but that seems impossible as well.

Really can't fly down to FL to rectify the situation!

Thanks,

Grrr

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the system is working. WHat have you tried relative to your app(s) as well as the web client? Do any of them work?

Grr2locations20
Aspirant
Aspirant

The system is working, (the camera syncs w base, and all lights green on base). The problem is that remotely, the base is not "recognized".

Do I have to physically be w/in proximity of the base to "ADD DEVICE"? I'm in NE and the base is in Florida, and I won't be going there anytime soon. This device was recognized before but must have been inadvertently deleted when upgrading my base here in the NE  home.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Grr2locations20 wrote

Do I have to physically be w/in proximity of the base to "ADD DEVICE"? I'm in NE and the base is in Florida, and I won't be going there anytime soon. This device was recognized before but must have been inadvertently deleted when upgrading my base here in the NE  home.

Yes you will have to be in Florida to re add the the Florida cam to that base if I understand you correctly.