Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Got new Arlo Pro camera and shows blue light syncing but says device not found on Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

My outdoor Arlo pro wasn’t recording or holding a charge so after new batteries didn’t solve it , I bought a new camera . Even though blue light comes on in syncing , it still says device not found on my Arlo app . How do I connect this new camera that is replacing the one that don’t work ?

17 REPLIES 17
brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

we need a little bit more information such as what are the LEDs on the base station showing from left to right? Have you tried to briefly press the sync button on the base and then briefly press the sync button on the camera? Does the blue LED on the camera flash rapidly for a few seconds during the sync process? When you purchased this camera, was it new from an authorized Arlo retailer?

Brian

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

Yes to all of your questions . Camera bought brand new at Best Buy

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

starting from left to right while you are facing the base station what colors are the base LEDs?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

While defective units do show up in the stores, it is quite rare. Before you return it to the store I thought we might do a little troubleshooting. If I remember correctly, the camera will start blinking amber if the sync is not successful. The fact that you are not seeing this probably means that the camera is connected to the base. Have you tried logging on to your account on another device? What phone and app are you using?

Brian

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

I’m on my iPhone X

It doesn’t show on my iPad either . It has me so frustrated .

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

Green

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

This is a very wierd problem you are having and I feel your pain. Other than doing a factory reset and adding you base and cameras back in, the only other thing I can recommend is to take the camera back to the store and exchange it, or contact Arlo's Customer Support at:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

There should be a phone number there that you can call.

Brian

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

I think after 14 days I’m stuck with the new camera that I can’t connect . Best Buy has 2 week return rule . I’m beyond frustrated with why even buying new batteries ( bought four ) and a new camera , it still don’t connect to my app even though it went through sync process correctly . I guess I just will have to accept i won’t have any protection over my driveway .

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo support phone number I called a couple weeks ago . Guy on phone could barely speak English and I got no help whatsoever

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

Guess what? I am having the same problem with one of my Ultra cameras. I will let you know when and if I solve the issue.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

No luck. This has to be an account problem as the rapidly flashing blue LED on the camera indicates that the camera is synced with the base. Be patient and I will try to get to the bottom of this.

Brian

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor

Even putting new batteries in the other outdoor Arlo pro wireless doesn’t connect or even allow full charge on new batteries . It’s odd that the new Arlo pro doesn’t connect to app even though it sync properly . This is a real mystery . I usually can figure things out but this has me stumped .

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

I sent in an email to Customer Service, because as you said, sometimes it is difficult to understand the reps that are in the foreign countries. I received a ticket number but after a week of not hearing from them, I asked @JessicaP, to expedite my case. She did and within two business days I got an email back from a girl with a foreign name, but in perfect English. The next day a level 2 representative in the US contacted me by phone and his English was nearly flawless. He replaced the camera. The camera that wouldn't sync was, in fact, defective. The new one arrived today and the new camera synced right up on the first try and is working perfectly.

So I would suggest emailing Cusromer Support at the link I provided above, because your equipment is under Warranty, (especially the new camera you purchased). BTW the phone call was from California and clearly said Arlo so I knew it wasn't a scam phone call.

Hope everything works out for you and let me know how it turns out.

Brian

Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor
Please list the specific phone number and if you have the person Jessica extension
Cameragal99
Tutor
Tutor
What email did you use to solve your issue ? Did the person speak to you or just email ? Glad you got a replacement. I need a replacement too . I’m hoping I get a solution soon
brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

Firstly, I recommend sending an email to Customer Support at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx so that the replies will be in English that you can understand. Be very specific about the problems you are having, and give approximate dates that you first noticed the problems. You will be given a ticket number. If Customer Support does not reply to you in two to three days then Contact Jessica at this link: https://community.arlo.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/654321.

Jessica is one of the moderators on this website. Underneath her picture you will see a link that says something like, "Send a private message."

Follow the instructions on the email that Customer Service sends you. If they say someone will call you then wait for that phone call. Caller ID will show that is is from Arlo.

If you call the number on the first link I listed, you will probably get a representative in India or the Phillipines, and may have difficulties understanding them.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Cameragal99,

Here is the link to the page where you enter your email address and start the process:

https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

Brian