Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting connected to live view via web site takes forever

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
meijereh
Aspirant
Aspirant

It takes forever for the live view to start when you connect to a camera via "my.arlo.com" while on the same network via the iOS App the live view starts in seconds. I have seen various comments about this issue but not one solution from Arlo!! Does anybody know what the problem is?

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
It seems obvious to me that arlo prefers customers to use the mobile app rather than the web portal, hence the 2FA requests every time you use the web browser and the requirement to acknowledge the pushed request by opening the mobile app anyway.
meijereh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo offers access to the cameras via the web site so it should work properly. The 2FA is not the problem, after you are logged on via the web site and you click on one of your cameras for a live view I always get a time-out after about 40 seconds and I have to click on the camera again and wait, then after 20-30 seconds I finally get a live view ("live" with up to 30 seconds delay). The moment something stops working I will look for another system.

Dannybear
Master
Master
When I login to the arlo web portal I have to 2FA authorise the login by opening my mobile app so I can live view the camera using the web portal. It is quicker to just open the mobile app to live view.

If you don’t have a long delay of the live feed when using the mobile app then it’s probably your web browser that’s causing the issue.

Have you tried other browsers?
meijereh
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like Google Chrome is a bit faster than my usual browser Safari when looking at my cameras via my.arlo.com

Still it is no comparison to the App.

I am also wondering why there is no option to connect directly to the base station to see my cameras.

Why does it have to go via the internet? With the power outages and not always very reliable internet in South Africa, it would be nice to connect directly.