Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing on multiple devices with one email account

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
numb15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

My parents bought 3 Arlo pros cameras. They set up an Arlo account with a single shared email address.

They each have a Huawei mobile device, both with the Arlo app and the names of their devices in the geofencing app show up twice as "CHC-U01".

I set up geofencing and added both mobile devices as "enabled devices" to arm the cameras outside the radius and disarm them when back inside the radius.

I am not sure of the following:

Does only one, or both mobile devices have to leave the radius for the cameras to switch on? 

Does only one, or both mobile devices have to return inside the radius for the cameras to switch off?

I want the cameras to turn on only if both mobile devices leave the radius. However only a minimum of one mobile device needs to return inside the radius to disarm the cameras. I'm not sure if this is possible.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Pirate312
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great question.  I can't figure out how to get Geofencing to work with my wife's iPhone.  It works great with my Android phone, but doesn't seem to recognize hers.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The standard suggestion to to rename the missing phone without things like apostrophes ('). Special characters can cause an issue.