Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - 2 cameras on Geofencing and 3rd camera on manual arm/disarm

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Uhu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 3-camera Arlo Pro system with one base. All cameras are on geofencing mode, arm on away and schedule when at home. I want to take one of these 3 cameras off this mode and have this 3rd camera default to disarm all the time, arming it only when I want.  The agent by chat stated the only way I do can do this with one base is to include it in the same geofencing mode as is now and manually turn it off when I want to. I rather not have to do this and prefer the camera stay off all the time and only turn it on manually when I want to. Is this possible? If so, can someone provide me instructions on how? Thanks much.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Uhu,

Create a custom mode and only include rules for cameras you want to Arm and use that custom mode within your Geofencing settings. Do not include any rules for the camera you want to control manually.

JamesC

Pirate312
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

Uhu,

Create a custom mode and only include rules for cameras you want to Arm and use that custom mode within your Geofencing settings. Do not include any rules for the camera you want to control manually.

JamesC

James, could you expand on this?  I have set up a custom mode, but I didn't see a way to do so within my Geofencing settings.  I would like the Geofencing to control one camera, but setup rules for the other two, but it seems like I can only choose  a custom mode OR aGeofencing, not both.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You use the custom mode inside GF by selecting it for Home or Away. If needed, you can have multiple modes and set them in the schedule. Then select the schedule for Home or Away.