Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Gazz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got my new Arlo Pro System up and running, very pleased so far.The one issue I have is using Geofencing during the day but scheduling for the system to be armed during the night and revert back to Geofencing during the day. So when we go out to work is armes and when we come home it disarms.

It arms at night 21:00 but at 6:00 the next morning it stays armed but as we are in the house it should go to disarm.

I have read on this site that there were issue but woundered if they had be fixed.

Gary

UK

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gazz,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius. 

How does the first in, last out principal work with geofencing mode for my Arlo cameras?

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

JamesC

Gazz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James,

But my issue is that geofencing does not seem to work correctly when used with timed schedules.

I want geofencing in the day but I want to use scheduled at night as we are in but want the house protected.

Any ideas?

Gary

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gazz,

In this scenario, set the "Home" mode in Geofencing settings to Schedule (be sure your schedule has the appropriate modes defined for the desired time frames). All of the rules above still apply.

JamesC

CalCTO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm struggling with the same situation. I can't get the Schedule to accept that I want the system Armed from, say, 9:00PM to 6:00AM. it probably complains that the Start time can't be later than the Stop time, but of course it isn't, it is the next day. What is the trick to specify an overnight time period for Armed operation?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As mentioned many times here, you set from 12:00 AM to your stop time and again from your start time to 11:59 PM. Otherwise you'd be involving 2 days, making scheduling problematic.
davidpalmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't see an answer here.

A. I have two Arlo Pro cameras.  Both should ALWAYS only detect motion when my mobile is Away from Home.

B. At night when I am home with my mobile, I want the garage camera to ALWAYS detect motion 10pm - 6am.  I set two schedules for this, both attached to the mode, Night Garage, as the period overlaps 2 days.

Can both rules, A & B, be in force at one time?  Or must I manually chose one or the other at any given time?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're using GF, Away would simply use the Armed mode (or your own custom mode).  For Home, you can use the schedule for the garage mode from 10PM to 6AM. Or isn't that what you're after?

davidpalmer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I believe that is the answer.

Very confusing to me, to see rules, modes, scheduling, geofencing, armed/disarmed, all in one screen, and call all of them, "modes".  As a request for enchancement, I suggest separating them out in separate sub-menus, and labeling each differently.