Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
wldrns1
Guide
Guide

VMB4000 with 5 cameras. My Admin device iPhone 11 which works fine. Hers (granted will full rights) iPhone 10XR. Both ios 13.2.3. Arlo app on both 2.11.1. 

I have triple checked all setting for each device. With Geofence enabled, my wife's device always shows as IN ZONE...the system never ARMS even if we are both away. Location is set to always for both. Large Radius. Happy to answer questions to tshoot but honestly, I have read and verified every solution I could find including removing spaces/apostrophes etc. I even removed her device and re-invited. Device is marked green in Geofence. PLEASE ADVISE!  

26 REPLIES 26
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wife’s iPhone XR is not available and hasn’t been for a couple days. I’ve rebooted the smart hub and logged her out and in again. It will randomly identify her temporarily and lose her again.
wldrns1
Guide
Guide
My initial Post. I clarify she has Granted Access Rights.
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
When my wife got home, her app was open and was logged in. I closed the app and reopened it an she was in zone.
wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Still not working. Still no help. 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our team is aware that some users are experiencing issues with the geofencing capability on iOS.  Arlo is working with our technology partner to resolve this issue expeditiously and we expect to deliver a resolution shortly.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team is working to improve the experience.

JamesC

Lantzjm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with my wife’s iPhone XR. Geofencing will not recognize unless the app is opened. As soon as the app is opened the mode changes. My XR is main phone and the iPhone 7 both work with geofencing.
Jeem
Apprentice
Apprentice
For the love of the higher power JamesC!!! How many times have we been here with geofencing.

Was all good (FINALLY after many many months of instability) until the last update 2.11.1 November 19th on iOS, then once again your devs shot themselves in the foot. One thing though, their bugfix list per release has improved greatly.

Expeditiously is now +6 days since your reply.

What gives JamesC. Crack the whip on your devs.
Babik22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been having issues with Geofencing daily. How can key feature on Arlo cameras not work for so long. If anything it should work with IOS. This is ridiculous. 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide
Two questions:
1: Is anyone on a monthly plan having geofence issues?
2: Is there a Base or Bases that do NOT have geofence issues?
wldrns1
Guide
Guide
Two questions:
Athina
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not just iOS but Android too.
Athina
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, I found another post stating that if you move your geofence location away from your place, save it. Then relocate it to where you want and save it, the geofencing will work.
I tried it. It worked.
Perhaps Arlo need to build in a forced refresh of the geofence into their software? Hint, hint.
wldrns1
Guide
Guide

I have tried all of the solutions offered to date including this one. The system always returns to dysfunctional Geo after a period of time. I've had my setup for a number of years. Geofence initially appeared to be a slick feature. I am close to deciding the feature can no longer be depended on and probably never will be. Can someone please answer my 2 questions above? 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Granted device entered Large radius Geo Zone last nite. Admin stayed out of zone to observe. System did not switch from armed to disarmed until she was pulling in the garage and also detected motion/captured/alarmed. System is now manually switched to Disarmed by Admin.  Admin device seems to work correctly. Case 41307489. Replies have been sent to 24/7 Support. PLEASE ADVISE!!! 

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Both Devices Updated to Arlo 2.12 & iOS 13.3 pre-test. Locations are both ON. Arlo set to ALWAYS. Device names match. Large Radius. Have not tried switching things off/on etc because I'm sick of having to do this. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

Two questions:

wldrns1
Guide
Guide

I decided to try a few things while waiting for Arlo to resolve this issue. It's been over one month. Currently the system Mode is Disarmed. App and iPhones are set properly and up to date per Arlo's written instructions via the last fix. I relocated the Base, removed the Flash Drive, uninstalled/reinstalled the App on the Granted etc.

This weekend my Password no longer worked for the login/Community Site. I did not change it. Via phone Arlo said a special character was needed. The Arlo Pop-up criteria did not state any special character requirement and my longtime Password did satisfy the pop-up criteria. I followed procedure for Forgot Password including a special character and Login now works.

Next I did a Geo test taking both Admin & Granted Devices out of Geo Zone. There are no other Devices. Admin worked normally. Granted did not switch to Out of Zone. Upon re-entering Zone, Admin worked normally the Granted switched TO Out of Zone. Granted seemed to work the opposite/backwards.

This Geo feature of this system is easily the most problematic 'tech' thing I own. Support communication via Open Case and this Board also leaves MUCH to be desired. All I hear is 'We're working on it'. All I'm instructed to do is try this/try that, all of which are very basic things. I'm a long time customer. I understand settings need to be correct and verified by Arlo. 

If my Model won't ever work, Arlo say so, and tell me which one does work. I've asked this question without any reply.

Arlo, something is clearly wrong with your operation. Whatever it is, the impression you leave Customers with is you don't care much beyond 'lip service'.

Lantzjm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think I might have found a fix for now. I took fingerprint and face identification off of the Arlo settings. My thought is that the phones are not logged in for geofencing to work. I then set all three phones to two step authentication. This has let the geofencing work again for now.
wldrns1
Guide
Guide
If we need to manipulate our Devices somehow, Arlo needs to say so. I’m sick of trying to guess what needs to be done.
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think geofencing gets dicey when it relies on more than one device. It’s a known developers headache.

My phone has no problems, but periodically my wife’s will be logged out. She leaves the app running in the background.

I’ll have her bring the app to the foreground and it will ask her to log in. Everything works fine after that.
wldrns1
Guide
Guide
So if you leave and she’s home, the system is armed? I don’t understand.
Or maybe you get a detected motion notice, then she needs to re-log. This is a constant headache.
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
It behaves according to her last known position. If I recognize the issue and cannot contact her, I disable her phone and reenable it. Then her phone is unrecognized and behaves according to my location.

After I am able to reach her and have her log in, it behaves according to our joint locations.
wldrns1
Guide
Guide
You’re much more willing to do things so the System works (?). I guess I’ve run out of the willingness to do that. I just want the System to work as advertised without my constant monitoring/tweeting. My wife (granted) has had enough. I’m hanging in there a bit longer. I hope not foolishly.