Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

GEO Fencing for selected cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Without using schedules because ours are erratic, is it possible to set all my cameras as active when both of us are away from home and have my internal cameras not detect motion when both or either my wife and I are at home?

I would like to set up a rule using the geo fencing and not have to change modes manually.

If not yet possible, I am sure this would be a feature that others would like to see.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it's possible. You just need to create a new custom mode that has only the external cameras with rules (any camera without a rule is disarmed). Then choose that mode for Home in GF and Armed or another custom mode that has all cameras in it for Away.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it's possible. You just need to create a new custom mode that has only the external cameras with rules (any camera without a rule is disarmed). Then choose that mode for Home in GF and Armed or another custom mode that has all cameras in it for Away.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Also, I have two base stations and have linked my interior cameras with one base and my exterior cameras with the second base.  That allows me to have different rules for both sets of cameras.  I have all cameras armed when I’m away, but when I’m home, I only arm the exterior cameras at night.